Please join us for the Booster Meeting at 7pm on Tuesday, Jul 18th, tentatively in the Chorus Room.
The response to water duty signups has been amazing! Thank you to everyone who has answered the call - especially all the new Warhawk families! We are so happy to have you on our team.
We have a need for even more water duty volunteers to help us get through band camp. The specific need is for any time slot that currently shows fewer than 2 people signed up. ALL members of the marching program (roughly 120 kids) will be on site during these dates, & it gets hot when they're rehearsing outdoors. Please check the link & sign up if you are available to help for a shift (or several) during band camp.
As a reminder, water duty shifts are no more than 2 hours long.
For those who may still need to get a sports physical, attached is flyer with an opportunity for a no-cost physical at Azalea Middle School on Friday Aug 4th 9am-5pm and Saturday Aug 5th 9am-2pm. Remember, the sports physical is required by the county to participate in Marching Band.
Wednesday July 26th, 5pm, Walsingham Park, Shelter #8
Band Camp Meal Volunteers & Band Picnic Volunteers:
Band Camp Picnic RSVP: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4ea5ab2aaa8-band4
You can pre-order a pillow for $45 or you can purchase one at the garage sale on 7/22.
If you plan to Chaperone any of our band events this year, you will be required to wear a green Band Polo. We will be taking orders after the booster meeting on Tuesday night. The order form is also attached. We will be ordering Monday, August 7th - so please have your order in the Blue Box by Thursday, August 3rd. This should allow enough time to have for the first football game. Please make checks payable to SHSBB. Contact Kathy Hollaway @ Kathy.email@example.com with any questions.
Also, if you ordered a polo at the first forms night, and did not pick it up on the Night at the Rays evening, please come to the Booster meeting on Tuesday night to pickup your shirt.
Scrip is fundraising while you shop! This successful fundraising program turns everyday shopping into cash when families use retail gift cards to pay for everyday purchases like gas and groceries, instead of the usual credit/debit cards or cash!
How it Works:
• Parents create an account on www.shopwithscrip.com, using the access code B11DA43A14213. This will allow you access to view all participating retailers, and the percentages they offer in return for your purchase.
• Scrips Coordinator, Lorena LaMee, will be notified that a new family has joined.
• Parents will choose whether they would like to order gift cards by mail, and pay with check or cash - or sign up for PrestoPay, which allows families to use debit cards or checking accounts to purchase online immediately.
• If ordering by mail, parents will send orders to Lorena via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will collect funds and deliver cards.
• If ordering by PrestoPay, parents will choose accordingly online and enter checking or savings account information.
• Once complete, user will be notified by email of two small deposits made to the designated checking or savings account. This usually happens within two days.
• Log into PrestoPay (located on Dashboard at www.shopwithscrip.com) and enter deposit amounts.
• Create a unique 4 digit PIN that will secure your account.
• A code will be emailed to users, and should be forwarded immediately to Lorena, who will begin the approval process. You will be emailed upon completion of approval.
• Parents buy retail gift cards at face value from participating retailers - there are over 400 to choose from, including everyday locations such as Winn Dixie, WalMart, Shell Gas Stations, and more.
• E-cards purchased through PrestoPay can be printed out, or accessed from smartphones to use at participating stores on the spot!
Time Frame: Year round.
Benefits: An amount between 1-13% of the face value of the purchase will be credited to each student’s Charms ledger. Going out for dinner and a movie? Purchase e-cards on the fly and get money credited to help towards Fair Share!
Chili's E-card - $50.00 with an 11% rebate.
Regal Cinemas E-Card - $20.00 with an 8% rebate.
A $7.10 credit to Charms for money you would have spent anyway - PRICELESS.
Questions? Contact Lorena LaMee at email@example.com. (she earned $350 toward her student's Charms ledger in one year!)
Band Camp kicks off this coming Monday!! We need lots of help with water duty - especially for the morning and mid-day shifts. These shifts are perfect for parents with daytime availability like teachers who are off during the summer or stay at home parents.
If you're unable to help during the day, please consider signing up to donate fruit that will be distributed during water breaks when the kids are outside.
We are accepting donations of gallon-size freezer bags filled with the following:
*Grapes - pulled from stems, rinsed and frozen
*Pineapple chunks - drained and frozen
*Watermelon chunks - drained and refrigerated
**Pineapple and watermelon should be bite-sized pieces.**
Please contact me with any questions. As always, thanks so much for all the support. We are expecting a great season!!
1) Forms You should have received your forms packet by now. All forms in this packet are necessary and required for marching band beginning 7/17. If you have not received a forms packet, please contact Kim Bernstein @ firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. If you have turned in your paperwork, but receive an email stating that something is missing, please reply right away, as this may hold up your child from participating. We have received many incomplete forms and will be notifying you by email if something is missing.
2) Physicals ARE Required for Marching Band! Sports Physicals are required BEFORE band camp. The form is included in the forms packet. Rebecca Martin will be on-site again to provide Physicals for those in need for $20 on 7/18 from 6-8 pm. This is the last time that you can get a physical before the start of Marching Band.
3) School Insurance can now be purchased. You will need to print the ID card that will be emailed to you and turn this in with all other forms prior to band camp (the e-mail can be forwarded to email@example.com to be included with your forms if already turned in). To purchase insurance go to http://www.pcsb.org/StudentAccidentinsurance.
4) Band Camp Meal Please complete with your student’s meal choices (for band camp on July 17th) and attach check or cash and drop in blue box before July 14th. If you need a form please contact a band officer or section leader. (see attached)
5) Please turn in all forms by July 14 to a Board Member or the Blue Box.
Dr. Grego, Superintendent of Pinellas County Schools, will be hosting his Administrative Conference at Seminole High School on Wednesday morning, July 26th. The Seminole Warhawk Marching Band and Jazz Combo will be performing for him and the other guests that morning, and then continuing on to complete band camp.